Eczema & Allergies : Causes of Eczema

Eczema is an allergy that is related immunologically to allergies that a person may have in their nose or eyes. Find out how to retain oils to combat symptoms of eczema with help from a practicing pediatrician in this free video on allergies and eczema. Expert: David Hill Contact: Bio: Dr. David Hill is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and vice president of Cape Fear Pediatrics in Wilmington, NC Filmmaker: Reel Media LLC


  • ImKoolWithThis

    To everyone who has eczema. I use to have really bad eczema. I had it on my hands, arms, behind the knee, and stomach. It was really really bad. I went to my doctor a few times and when everything he gave me failed he gave a cream called Ratio-Clobetasol 0.05 and tablets called Apo-Prednisone. I Took the tablets once a day with food for a week and the cream I used for awhile twice a day. I now have no eczema and my skin is smooth and soft now. But sadly my stomach eczema didn’t go away fully.

  • bhappening28

    use vaseline when you go to bed, it doesn’t go away immediately but it clears mine in like a week. My hands are really bad for some reason, im gonna try and get cotton gloves to wear to bet and load up my hands with vaseline. When i say load up, i mean fucking cover them till they drip

  • MrBigtom89

    i grew up as i child with eczema living on a farm and at the time know one knew wjat was causing it, but for the past 11 years i lived in the uk not real involved with animals and never suffering with eczema, just recently i got a dog and the eczema re-appeared after 11 years

  • Todd Gerber

    Using prednisone is a short term fix, and it has made my skin beautiful then, too. But there can be a strong rebound effect from Presidnisone and your eczema can come back stronger the next time. I have been on 3 courses of pred and each time the rash has come back worse.

  • readmegod

    Dude, your bowtie ruins your whole “I’m-a-serious-doctor-listen-to-me” image.
    Can’t help but laugh…

  • Kym Andrews

    Patrick Bateman - American Psycho.

  • Dannia198910

    My daughter had this and now that u mention animals it is whenever she goes visit my mother in law she got like 3 cats and I think this might be the cause of my little girl’s allergy.

  • EliChe21

    Christian Bale American Phsyco

  • TheLandIsDark

    Thats a big no!! if u wud like to learn how to
    cure ur eczema permanently, then u should
    swith to this program ive used for months
    now. The program is in the site:
    StopYeastInfection, info (nospace)
    I guarantee it and ive got the results to
    prove it.. 🙂

  • Rhy529

    Will I grow out if this crap

  • xxTheCatsMeow

    This is called Topical Steroid Withdrawal Syndrome. I think for a lot of people it’s the cause of their severe eczema, a lot of people don’t know about this and don’t even know that their body has become addicted to steroids, I was using Topicals for 5 years and notice it’d be a quick fix but still noticed it getting worse, once I stopped my skin flared horribly, no one should use steroids, I hope more people know about this before they become addicted. I wish I never used them.

  • kaycemick

    BAD advice! You don’t need to bathe less. You bathe in lukewarm water (plain) and add a few drops of Oilatum bath oil. Wash with unscented soaps like dove or spectroderm gel. Moisturize following your bath and treat with your prescription cream only if needed.

  • MsAnastasiaBee

    He sounds like Charlie Sheen!

  • Irgendwann Mal

    I use tea tree oil with mine… calms down in a few days… what works for some doesn’t work for others… just sayin’

  • oiltment

    Polysaceharidc for Injection
    sodium Thiosulfate for Injection
    you can try!

  • kerra0895

    ive had eczema since was extreme when i was younger but now its calmed down alot. n 2007 i went to the dominican republic and no word of a lie, i took ONE shower before bed on the first day and when i woke up the next morning, no eczema to be seen :O my country (uk) clearly provides the worst conditions environmentally for my eczema. so my advice, go to a tropical or medditeranean country 🙂

  • Nelly Lapp

    Hi! Thank you for this helpful video. By the way, I notice lots of people keep on talking about Eczemalox Remedy (just google it), but I’m not sure if it is really good. Have you tried home remedy called Eczemalox Remedy? I have heard many great things about it and my cooworker completely cures her eczema safely with this remedy.

  • Molli993

    there is a 75% chance that you will grow out of it. The 25% that dont often only have a little on their neck etc. the fact is it usually gets better. ( this is from personal experience and dermo’s advice )

  • VCanhPHAIlatoi

    nice bowtie

  • Tamera Doeringer

    Hi! Thank you for this helpful video. By the way, I hear lots of people keep on talking about Eczemalox Remedy (do a google search), but I’m not sure if it is good. Have you thought about home remedy called Eczemalox Remedy? I’ve heard several awesome things about it and my work buddy completely cures her eczema safely with this remedy.

  • TheMrNotox

    Just write this down…Renew by Melaleuca

  • TheMrNotox

    Check out Renew by Melaleuca and Herbal shampoos at melaleuca

  • TheMrNotox

  • Jodi Rudd

    Hey! Thanks a lot for this helpful video. By the way, I hear many people keep on talking about Eczemalox Remedy (do a search on google), but I’m not sure if it is good. Have you considered home remedy called Eczemalox Remedy? I’ve heard several extraordinary things about it and my buddy completely cure her eczema naturally with this remedy.

  • Liseth Chan

    @ehowhealth Dr. David, i think i have eczema because i tend to get allergies frequently because of articial colors or colorants in food. My face gets red and really dry, it feels hot at the same time, but throughout the time it gets worse, the redness is more severe than before. i use eucerin for moisturizer, but when i feel i will have a breakout in my skin i replace it with petrolleum jelly (vaselin) so that it gets more moisture. any medicines you recomend?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.