29 Easy Ways to Cut 100 Calories a Meal
In an article I wrote recently I talked about eating slowly to help you lose 50 pounds over a year. Studies have shown that by taking your time, when you are eating, it will help you lose weight. To put it simply by eating slowly your stomach will have time to send the signal to your brain that your’re full. In most cases it takes about 20 minutes for the average person’s tummy to signal the brain. And then in turn you brain tells your body your full and you don’t need to eat any more. However, if you speed eat, you will just keep stuffing yourself with food, before your brain finally gets the signal. An example of that would be if you wolfed down your first serving in say 5 to 8 minutes, you will feel like your still hungry. In which case you will go back for 2nds or even thirds. Think monster calories being pumped into your body. Think Fat!
Thinking fat/calories is a start. But think what will happen when you slow down your eating and then cut an extra 100 calories out of each meal you eat. By cutting those extra calories you will really kick your weight loss off with a bang. The following is a list of 29 ways and healthy foods you can use to blast those 100 calories out the door.
* Substitute 1 tablespoon of all fruit jam on your toast in lieu of 1 ½ tablespoons of butter.
* Replace 1 cup of whole milk with ½ a cup of skim milk.
* Substitute 2 poached eggs for 2 fried eggs.
* Eat 2 cups of Cheerios instead of ½ cup of granola
* Use nonfat milk and egg whites to make French Toast instead of whole milk and eggs.
* Eat both an orange and a banana instead of a Snicker’s bar.
* Have 35 pretzel sticks instead of 1 ounce of dry roasted peanuts.
* Replace 1 cup of sweetened apple sauce with 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce.
Use an artificial sweetener like Splenda if you notice a difference in taste.
* If you make Lamb and Vegetable kabobs, replace 2 of the chunks of meat with
* Use 1 tablespoon of low fat mayonnaise rather than 1 ½ tablespoons of regular
* Don’t drink that glass of white wine. Opt for cherry flavored sparkling water instead.
* Skip the cheese on your burger or sandwich.
* Have a half cup of dried fruit instead of 9 caramel candies.
* Instead of 3 slices of bacon, have 3 slices of Lite and Lean Canadian bacon.
* Order one size down at Starbucks.
* Choose a Lender’s egg bagel instead of a Sara Lee egg bagel.
* Use 2 slices of Roman Light 7-grain bread instead of Pepperidge Farm wheat bread for
* Serve 2 dinner rolls with your beef stew instead of 2 biscuits.
* Eat 1/2 cup of steamed fresh broccoli instead of 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli in cheese
* Make your burrito with 1/2 cup of fat-free refried beans and 1 ounce of nonfat cheese
instead of the same amount of traditional refried beans and cheese.
* Make your sandwich open face.
* Chose a high-fiber English muffin instead of a full fat apple muffin.
* Cut your cake a little slimmer. Reducing a slice of cake by 1/3 will save you 100
* You can switch from 1 cup of whole milk hot chocolate to 1 cup of 1% milk without
losing any taste when you add a dash of almond extract.
* Throw away 8 McDonald’s French Fries.
* Ditch the single cup of caramel coated popcorn and have 2 ½ cups of air popped
Don’t wait around to lose 50 pounds of weight. Cut 100 calories a meal out of your diet, by using all or some of the above ways to get a head start.