My Health Business
Natural Remedies for common medical conditions
Health Benefits of Carrot:
– Carrot can enhance the quality of breast milk.
– Carrot can improve the appearance of the skin, hair and nails.
– When taken daily it can lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
– Raw contain beta-carotene, a strong antioxidant that can prevent cancer.
– Carrot juice when taken everyday prevent bodily infections and is claimed to be valuable for the adrenal glands (the small endocrine glands situated above the kidneys).
– Carrot can help improve eyesight.
– Carrot can help increase menstrual flow.
– Carrots can regulate blood sugar.
– Carrot can promote colon health, because carrot is rich in fiber.
– Carrot is also helpful in the following cases :
Obesity, Poisoning of the blood, Gum disease, Insomnia, Inflamed Kidneys, Liver, Gallbladder, Alzheimer’s disease, Colitis, Ulcer Painful urination
– helps prevent night blindness.
"Carrots are an excellent source of antioxidant compounds, and the richest vegetable source of the pro-vitamin A carotenes. Carrots’ antioxidant compounds help protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer and also promote good vision, especially night vision."
Carrots have been known to decrease risk of certain cancers, such as breast, cervical, prostate, and colon, and has been connected to a decrease in heart disease. They also help regulate blood sugar levels, promote colon health, and promote lung health.
For a complete list of benefits and to see a nutrient chart, click the link below:
Good answers here already (apart from the eyesight thing – that’s a myth started during WWII to get people to eat lots of what they had spare i.e. carrots).
The only problem is, carrots are evil. Little orange nasty tasting things! Almost as bad as cucumber. And don’t even get me started on parsnips!
Interesting carrot fact: Did you know that the original carrot is not orange but purple? Their current colour was developed through cross breeding varieties to give better taste and a more pleasing colour.
You must be logged in to post a comment.