Eating Raw Lemon Is Bad for Health?

I love to eat raw lemons and drink lemon water. Everyone around me is telling me it’s bad because it kills white blood cells and can cause leukemia. I tried finding it somewhere on the Internet that it is indeed dangerous but all I am finding is the benefits of it.

3 comments

  • No, eating raw lemon is not bad for your health. Of course, as anything is, eating too much of it IS in fact a bad thing. Even drinking too much water is bad. But also, eating a lot of lemon can erode the enamel on your teeth because of the acid in it, as well as all citrus fruit such as oranges, and lime. But eating it in moderation is completely fine. Maybe one lemon every other day or every three days is fine.
    And no, lemon is not very toxic at all: "It exhibits remarkably low toxicity." (Direct quote from wikipedia)
    "vitamin C overdose and toxicity is very rare and is seen only in people who consume supplements in very large amounts." (Also another direct quote from Buzzle.com
    Also, when it becomes toxic in your body from consuming a large amount of it, it simply goes right out of the body in the form of diarrhea, which can easily be treated.

    To summarize: No, lemons are not necessarily bad for you. They can erode your tooth enamel if you eat too much of them, which is about two or three daily. Also, they, nor the Vitamin C, are not toxic, unless consumed in large amounts, again about 2 or 3 lemons a day.

  • Yes, eating raw lemon is dangerous, because of all the vitamin C! Vitamin C is toxic.

  • Pirate

    Buy and read the book Fat Flush Plan

    Anyone that tells you to not eat fresh vegetables and fruits should be avoided. If they were bad the FDA would have them removed from all produce departments.

Leave a Reply